Alleviates neck and shoulder tension
Indian Head Massage has been practiced in India for thousands of years.
This massage technique involves massage and acupressure techniques manipulating the soft tissues on the upper back, shoulders, neck, scalp and face. The effect is not just physical: it works on an emotional level too, calming the mind, promoting relaxation and relieving stress.
Indian Head Massage helps increase mobility and flexibility in the neck and shoulders. It improves blood circulation, lymphatic flow and aids elimination of toxins and is particularly good for reducing the effects of stress and tension.
The aim of an Indian head massage is to release the stress that has accumulated in the tissues, muscles and joints of the head, face, neck and shoulders. Massaging the head encourages the supply of oxygen to the brain, which is one of the best ways of reducing stress. but also provides effective relief from migraines too.
There are many benefits from an Indian Head Massage treatment and the therapeutic effects are found to last long after the treatment is over.
- Relieves tension headaches & Migraines
- Relieves Tinnitus and other ear problems
- Helps hair loss and thinning
- Releases muscular tension – neck, shoulder stiffness
- Improves the symptoms of eye strain
- Relieves Insomnia
- Sinus congestion
- Decreases the effects of Stress, Anxiety, Depression
Physical Effects and Benefits
- Increased blood supply to scalp, head and neck, bringing fresh oxygen and nutrients to encourage healing.
- Increases nourishment and oxygen to the hair follicle, therefore promoting strong healthy shiny hair and hair growth.
- Aids joint mobility and flexibility in the neck and shoulders.
- Reduces or prevent adhesions as traumatised muscle tissue heals.
- Relieves muscular pain, stiffness and tension by relaxing the muscles and removing toxins in the face, scalp, neck, upper back, shoulders and arms.
- Improves muscle tone.
- Relieves mental fatigue.
- Stimulates and improves lymphatic drainage and blood flow to the neck so helping to remove waste products from the body.
- Stimulates and improves the circulatory system.
- Relieves eyestrain, tension headaches, nasal congestion and jaw-ache.
- Strengthens the immune system.
During an Indian Head Massage you will sit on a chair fully clothed. You can expect to feel:
- Body will feel totally relaxed
- Feeling of inner peace and calm
- Tired or alert – depending on type of massage given
- Possibility of falling asleep during treatmeatment
- Improved skin colour and texture
- Relaxed, sleepy or invigorated
- Slightly Disorientated
- Uplifting / Euphoric
- Positive in thoughts
- Clarity of thought and concentration
- Greater feeling of self-worth
- Deeper, calmer breathing
- Increased energy levels
Typical contra actions to Indian head massage are:
- Aching and soreness within the muscles, this is due to the release of toxins and the nerve fibres responding to the deep work undertaken during the treatment.
- Tiredness, is due to the release if toxins, which flood the system and also initiate healing energies, which require the body to rest in order to assist in the healing, process. The tiredness can be replaced by an invigorating and refreshed feeling soon after the treatment.
- Heightened emotional state, is caused by the cleansing of the mind and emotions, due to the re-balancing of the chakras. Another possibility may be that the client has not had the physical contact of touch in a while.
30 minute treatment – £28.00
60 minute treatment – £39.00